They were always heading somewhere. Bags packed, itinerary sorted, off to places both familiar and foreign.
Not for them the comfort of a home base nest, they thrived on the thrill of new places and most importantly new people. Living out of a suitcase was an art form; they made it look so easy.
Strangers met in parks, cafés, or museums became friends, and added to the rich tapestry of their globe-trotting life. You have the stack of postcards to prove it.
Ideas and inspiration:
- Select a cardboard casket and cover it with maps. Or order screen printed casket with a world map theme.
- If there was a country that particularly touched their heart, drape the appropriate flag across the casket.
- Create an order of service using a post card theme. Find the perfect photo of them abroad for one side, add a stamp and hand written script on the other.
- Theme the food at the after service function. Get a local international restaurant to cater, or think about a food struck.
- Have friends from overseas play a part with a video montage. There are great apps like Tribute.co that make it super simple to post and collate.
- If cremating, scatter their ashes around the world. Have family and friends take them the next time they travel.