They were the most stylish person you ever knew. Rocking perfect style for every occasion, a perfectly laundered linen handkerchief always at the ready, they epitomized classic glamour.
Manners; well they were impeccable. They hosted the best events, be it a Sunday picnic, family dinner or glamourous cocktail party.
Details mattered. The heirloom family dinner set was always in use. The napkins were linen, the flowers exotic, the wine French.
Ideas and inspiration:
- Chose a service setting that reflects their love of elegant spaces. A beautiful church, a stylish function venue, a glorious garden.
- Bring out the very best china at the post service event. Add crystal, linen tablecloths, candelabra.
- Place a basket of laundered handkerchiefs at the entrance to the service. If you’re really organized you might get them initialled as a keepsake.
- Make the mood with music. An opera singer for their favorite arias, a string quartet, a jazz ensemble.
- In place of the usual signing book, get a jeroboam of wine or champagne and have people sign their names in gold and silver pens. Gather together in a year and toast their memory. You’ll keep that bottle forever.